If I no longer have my car, do I have to pay my Motor Vehicle Excise bill?

If you are not sure, please pay the bill to avoid penalty fees and interest.  Once paid, you can file for an abatement which will result in a refund.  To find out if you qualify for an abatement, contact the Assessors' office at 413-498-2901 x 118